Adrienne Braumiller is the founder of Braumiller Law Group PLLC and an innovative force in the international trade law arena. With more than 25 years of experience, she is widely recognized as a leading authority in Customs, import, export, foreign-trade zones, free trade agreements and ITAR compliance.
Adrienne has been involved in every aspect of import and export compliance, from developing compliance programs to conducting audits and assessments, representing clients who are under investigation, preparing and submitting voluntary disclosures, preparing and filing classification requests and licenses, analyzing whether specific transactions should be pursued, providing tailored training on specific import/export topics, addressing penalty assessments, and serving as an expert witness in a number of trade cases.
Adrienne is frequently published and most recently contributed a chapter on U.S. antidumping, anti- subsidy and safeguards in Chambers Global Practice Guides – International Trade 2018, a guide providing expert legal commentary on important developments in the most significant jurisdictions.
In addition, Adrienne has made presentations as a distinguished lecturer for such groups as the American Association of Exporters and Importers, the International Compliance Professionals Association, the American Conference Institute, the American Petroleum Institute, and the National Association of Foreign Trade Zones. She is also a frequent speaker at government-sponsored events, such as the Department of Energy’s International Nonproliferation Export Control Program (INECP), which hosts industry/government seminars on strategic trade management in various countries around the world.
Over the last few years, both Adrienne and her firm have received numerous awards in recognition of her/ the firm’s leadership and its dedication to excellence.
- The State Bar of Texas named Adrienne as the latest recipient of the prestigious Sarah T. Hughes Women Lawyers of Achievement Award for 2019. The award honors the accomplishments of women who have achieved outstanding recognition in their professional area and who, by doing so, have paved the way for success for other women attorneys. Only one woman attorney is chosen each year for this award. Currently in the state of Texas there are 37,477 women attorneys.
- IR Global selected Adrienne and her firm in 2018 to be its exclusive representative for Trade & Customs in Texas. IR Global, recognized by Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, is the fastest growing professional service network in the world, dedicated to providing world class legal, accountancy and financial advice to companies and individuals across 155+ jurisdictions.
- Enterprising Women magazine, named Adrienne as one of the winners of 2017 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, an annual tribute to the world’s top women entrepreneurs.
- Expert Guides, www.expertguides.com recognized Adrienne in 2017 as a Leader in International Trade and as a Leading Woman in Business Law. Expert Guides is regularly used by the world’s most prominent decision-makers and frequent buyers of legal services.
- Globe Business Media Group based in London (Lexology) announced the winners of the Client Choice Awards 2017, and Braumiller Law Group (BLG) was selected as the exclusive winner of the International Trade Law category for Texas. Unlike other awards, one can only be nominated for the Client Choice Awards program by corporate counsel.
- Global Law Experts (GLE), www.globallawexperts.com awarded BLG in 2016 as International Trade Law Firm of the Year in Texas. GLE is the world’s leading online resource for locating specialist legal advisers for the services required by businesses, investors and individuals.
- Chambers and Partners, www.chambersandpartners.com (Chambers) identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 180 jurisdictions throughout the world. Adrienne has been named by Chambers and Partners as a Leader in her Field related to International Trade: Customs in both its U.S. and Global Guides every year from 2015 – 2019.
- BLG previously served as Global Trade Counsel to the Counsel of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and its Roundtables, a testament to the firm’s reputation and expertise. (CSCMP is a leading global organization dedicated to education, networking and cutting-edge research related to supply chain matters).
- World ECR – www.worldecr.com named BLG in 2015 as Highly Commended as the Best Export Control Law Firm of the Year.
- U.S. Commerce & Trade Research Institute (USCTRI) named BLG the recipient of the 2015 Texas Excellence Award for Advisory Services.
- At C5’s 2014 Annual Women in Compliance Awards, BLG was Highly Commended as the Best Regulatory Law Firm of the Year.
- In November of 2013, the World Law Alliance selected Adrienne to head up its Regional Chapter in Texas. The World Law Alliance (WLA) is a private, non-profit professional organization providing legal resources and services in over 100 countries. WLA helps its members address the challenges of ever an evolving diverse and complex global legal landscape.
- Federal Advisory Committee Appointment – Adrienne currently serves on the Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC), one of seven Technical Advisory Committees that works closely with the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). She was originally appointed in 2012 by Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Bank. The committee functions solely as an advisory body and reports to the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, BIS, U.S. Department of Commerce. In this role, Adrienne works with the committee to provide guidance on the development and revision of the Export Administration Regulations as part of the on-going Export Reform effort. For more information on the (RPTAC): http://tac.bis.doc.gov/rpchart.htm
- In January 2007 and again in December 2008, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson, Jr., and Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff appointed Adrienne to serve two consecutive two-year terms on the Departmental Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of Customs and Border Protection (COAC). As the only attorney of a private law firm participating on COAC, Adrienne served as one of several members representing the interests of importers and their agents. During her term, she assisted with critical topics related to trade facilitation and security, including program initiatives and legislative mandates.
Adrienne has held numerous leadership roles over the years, including serving as the President of the Organization of Women in International Trade at both the local and national levels. She has also held pivotal roles on various international and Customs law committees within local, state and national bar associations. Currently, she is the firm’s representative to the Association of Trade Compliance Professionals (ATCP), as Braumiller Law Group is one of the only law firms in the country selected to co-sponsor ATCP’s various activities. She is also a member of the following organizations: Association of European Attorneys (AEA), American Association of Importers and Exporters (AAEI), American Bar Association (ABA), Dallas Council on Foreign Relations (DCFR), Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA), the National Association of Foreign Trade Zones (NAFTZ) and the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA).
Adrienne received her L.L.M. in International Business Transactions from McGeorge School of Law (Sacramento, California) and earned her J.D. at St. Mary’s University (San Antonio, Texas). She studied international law at the University of Salzburg (Salzburg, Austria) and at the University of Oxford, Queen’s College (Oxford, England). She is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of Texas; the United States District Court of Texas for the Northern District; the Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia; and the United States Court of International Trade.