May 2, 2021 @ 8:00 am – May 5, 2021 @ 5:00 pm CDT
Adrienne Braumiller to present:
Understanding the USMCA
Moderated by Jose Gonzalez, VP of NCBFAA
Join NCBFAA for the 48th Annual Conference
“Zooming Into the Future of Trade! How Will the New Normal in Business Affect our Industry”
May 2nd – 5th
Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa
Adrienne’s session will be
Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
8:00- 8:45 a.m. EST
This session will assist brokers in helping their clients navigate the North American marketplace.
Acting CBP Commissioner Troy Miller
to be keynote speaker at the conference.
The NCBFAA Annual Conference brings together more than 600 of the international trade industry’s top representatives from around the United States. For four days, the nation’s leading customs brokers, freight forwarders, NVOCC’s, OTI’s and service providers gather to update themselves on industry developments and to connect with colleagues new and old. All NCBFAA Member and potential Regular, Affiliate, and Associate Members are strongly encouraged to consider joining us for the industry event of the year, the NCBFAA Annual Conference, where you will:
- Learn from NCBFAA subject matter experts how to overcome industry challenges before your competitors do!
- Hear from Federal, state, and industry experts about the latest issues affecting your business!
- Find out what new products and services can help your bottom line from our Exhibitors in the Exhibitor MarketPlace!
- Acquire fresh ideas by networking at numerous social venues with old friends and business colleagues while meeting new people!
Adrienne Braumiller is the founder of Braumiller Law Group PLLC and Braumiller Consulting Group LLC and an innovative force in the international trade law arena. With more than 25 years of experience, she is widely recognized as a leading authority in Customs, import, export, foreign-trade zones, free trade agreements and duty mitigation compliance.
Adrienne has received numerous awards in recognition of her leadership and dedication to excellence:
· The State Bar of Texas named Adrienne as the recipient of the prestigious Sarah T. Hughes Women Lawyers of Achievement Award for 2019. The award honors the accomplishments of women who have achieved outstanding recognition in their professional area and who, by doing so, have paved the way for success for other women attorneys.
· Adrienne serves as the Co-Chair of the Customs Law Committee of the International Law Section of the American Bar Association.
· Adrienne has been named by Chambers and Partners as a Leader in her Field related to International Trade: Customs in both its U.S. and Global Guides every year from 2015 – 2021. Chambers and Partners, identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 180 jurisdictions throughout the world.
· Federal Advisory Committee Appointments: Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) and Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee (COAC) – Appointed in 2012, Adrienne serves on RPTAC, a Technical Advisory Committees that reports to the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, BIS, U.S. Department of Commerce assisting with export control reform. She previously served on COAC for 4 years where she assisted with issues related to trade facilitation and cargo security.
Jose Gonzalez is a licensed U.S. customs broker who has operated a customs house brokerage business under the same name since 1994. He was appointed to the 15th term of CBP customs advisory board (COAC) in 2018. He currently serves as V.P. for NCBFAA and previously as Area 8 Rep. He is a senior advisor to the board of the Laredo Licensed brokers (LLUSCBA). Prior to his involvement with these Committees, JD was Executive Chairman of the LLUSCBA, president of the Laredo Customs Brokers Association in 2010-2011 whom represents one of the largest concentrations of customs brokers in the nation who works closely with CBP.
Mr. Gonzalez has been and continues to be involved in many trade and civic related entities. A few of the organizations he is involved with are the following: Present Committee chair of The Laredo Airport Advisory Board, advisory board member of The Laredo Development Foundation past board member of the City of Laredo Blue Ribbon Committee, in addition to being recognized for several accomplishments for Trade related development.
Mr. Gonzalez has been actively involved in the international trade industry on a consistent basis for 28 years and has held various positions in the import and export operations, consulting, and compliance arenas. Previously he has been very instrumental in managing the Laredo Associations issues to submit to US Customs at monthly meetings and creating and marketing the education program by developing an educational outreach program that ensures that the Association meets its educational and professional goals. The programs offered by the Association are for Customs Brokers and Forwarders, as well as Trade Stakeholders that are involved in the international supply chain.
Mr. Gonzalez proudly served in the United States Navy from 1982 until he was honorably discharged in 1992 after being named Sailor of the Year. During his enlistment, he was involved in Mediterranean Peacekeeping operations off the coast of Beirut, operations in the North Atlantic, as well as several Western Pacific operations during the Iran Iraq crises. In addition, during his enlistment he continued his education and graduated in 1992 from National University in San Diego Ca, where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting