Bruce Leeds, Of Counsel with Braumiller Law Group, PLLC, will be conducting a 2-day class on “Customs Compliance for Importer Personnel” at the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Headquarters located in Torrance, CA.
This two day class will focus on the skills and tools needed to effectively perform in a customs compliance capacity at an importing company.
Course topics include:
- Establishing & utilizing internal controls
- Determining and declaring a Custom’s value for a company’s transactions
- Classifying imported articles, saving and utilizing classification information
- Participating in Centers of Excellence & Expertise (CEE)
- Qualifying (or not) for duty free exemptions and free trade agreements
- Post entry actions – amendments, protests., claims, tenders and disclosures
- Recordkeeping requirements and complying with the rules
- Responding to Customs’ requests and actions
(Click here to view the full agenda and other information.)
Attendees will earn 12 CCS credits from the NCBFAA.
Pre-registration is required.
Meet the Instructor:
Bruce Leeds has decades of experience in international trade law and has successfully served his clients in diverse capacities, from classification and due diligence to ITAR compliance and drawback. He has significant expertise with importing and exporting technology. Prior to becoming an attorney, Bruce was an Import Specialist at the U.S. Customs Service in Los Angeles for eight years. During this period, he was promoted to Team Leader and developed significant expertise in working with semi-conductors.
Click here to read Bruce’s full Bio.