Albert Saphir is a senior supply chain consultant with 30 years of management experience in international and domestic logistics, transportation management, trade compliance and supply chain security. He has worked for multinational and small companies during his career in the U.S. and Germany and has done extensive work related to global trade security initiatives such as C-TPAT, Advance Manifest Rules and the “10+2” Secure Freight initiative now known as the Importer Security Filing (ISF).
He has broad transportation service, pricing and negotiation knowledge with ocean, air, truck and parcel shipping modes. Client projects often involve transportation RFP facilitation, freight and customs/trade compliance audits, development and implementation of new logistics concepts to improve overall supply chain capabilities and efficiency.
His primary activity as a consultant is focused around two complimentary service pillars:
1. Trade Compliance Services
- Global executive management training seminars on C-TPAT and ISF 10+2
- C-TPAT: Planning, program development and implementation
- ISF 10+2: Evaluations, strategies, solutions and implementation
- Global trade management (GTM) tools research and recommendations
- Solutions and research for global supply chain security compliance
- Global training sessions and workshops on U.S. trade compliance
- Import and export compliance evaluations and program development
- Creation and implementation of best practices for U.S. exporters
- NAFTA compliance research and program implementation
- U.S. Licensed Customs Broker and CCS
- FMC OTI compliance training and license application support
2. Transportation RFP & Freight Management Services
- Freight audits (air, ocean, truck and parcel) and value analysis
- Negotiations/RFP management/service contract negotiations for air, ocean, truck and parcel modes
- Logistics and supply chain evaluation and benchmarking
- International transportation management and operations training
- Qualitative service assessments, service failure audits and root cause analysis
- Company startup assistance, mergers and acquisitions and recruiting
- Shipper manifest & shipping system research and recommendations
He holds the German equivalent of a BS in International Transportation is fluent in German and is a licensed U.S. Customs Broker and CCS. He is an active member in multiple industry associations including AAEI, ATCP, CSCMP, ICPA and NIT League. Albert has been a frequent presenter at many different industry conference events and is a contributor to numerous publications including American Shipper, Journal of Commerce, APICS, Logistics Management, Traffic World and DVZ.
He is a senior contract consultant with Solertis Logistics Solutions (www.solertis.com), Braumiller Law Group, PLLC (braumillerlaw.com), has done extensive transportation market research and consulting work with The Colography Group and frequently collaborated with Irvin Varkonyi of SCOPE (www.scopedu.com) on supply chain security training, education and awareness programs. For more detailed information please visit www.abs-consulting.net.
Notable Achievements include the following:
He holds the German equivalent of a BS in International Transportation is fluent in German and is a licensed U.S. Customs Broker and CCS. He is an active member in multiple industry associations including AAEI, ATCP, CSCMP, ICPA and NIT League.
Mr. Saphir is not licensed to practice law.